- Review full job description below.
- Email a resume, cover letter, and two most recent sermons (via web links) to email@example.com
- Anyone applying for position will be granting permission for possible background checks (educational, references, financial, criminal). These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the primary candidates for the position.
- Resumes submitted before January 1, 2019 will be given priority.
Start Date: Winter or Spring 2019
Congregation Size: 160
We are prayerfully searching for an individual who is called by God to serve alongside the Elders to equip the saints for ministry (Eph. 4:11-14), to reach the lost (Matt. 28:18-20), and to shepherd the congregation (1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Satisfy the Scriptural requirements for a pastor/elder as expressed in I Timothy and Titus.
- Competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Experience in working with other paid staff and leading volunteers.
- Effective communication skills, including preaching, teaching and written.
- Consistent Christ-like character and lifestyle.
- Proficient with leadership development and strategic planning.
- Skilled in management of ministry plans and budgets.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in ministry.
- Possess a desire to remain in a long-term (5-year minimum) ministry at ERPCC.
- Ordained in the Christian Church.
- Previous experience as a Preaching/Senior Minister.
- Degree or training beyond Bachelor’s degree (M Div. desired)
Preaching: the Preaching Minister is expected to be the primary preacher on Sunday mornings. He is to oversee and be involved with teaching for Sunday School and Wednesday Night Bible Study.
- Provide biblically based preaching and teaching that is engaging, persuasive, and applicable. Should mostly focus on expository preaching with occasional topical sermons.
- Oversee and ensure that the teaching in Sunday school, Wednesday night bible study, small groups, etc. aligns with sound doctrine and our statement of faith.
- Set aside specific time for study and preparation of all sermons and teaching opportunities.
- Equips and mobilizes the congregation in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
Pastoral Care: the Preaching Minister is expected to be personally involved in providing pastoral care to the congregation, but is not expected to be the sole provider.
- Engage the congregation through personal contact beyond Sunday morning.
- Attend and support church functions.
- Provide a sense of stability in leadership.
- Respond to crisis and/or counseling situations with empathy and proper care.
- Care for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management, and referral to other professionals.
- Work with elders and other staff in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages, and funerals.
- Actively encourages congregational commitment and volunteerism in support of our mission and vision
Administrative: In partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Staff, and Ministry Teams the Preaching Minister is expected to manage and implement the vision and mission of the church.
- Provide oversight and accountability to the Staff that allows them flexibility to accomplish their responsibilities, focusing on the church’s overall goals and excellence. Work with Elders to evaluate paid staff annually including a review of compensation.
- Hold regularly scheduled Staff meetings and provide direction, support and encouragement to staff members.
- Prepare preaching/worship schedules in advance. Coordinate plans for Sunday morning with worship leader and worship ministry team to ensure that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design.
- Attend courses, workshops, and conferences in order to further education and spiritual development.
- Communicate and meet regularly with Elders to facilitate the work of the church. Work with Elder Chairman to set the agenda for monthly elder meetings.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the messages.
- Show respect for and adheres to the decisions of the Body of Elders and follows the by-laws of the church.
Evaluation and compensation: Total package range is $55-65,000 per year.
The Preaching Minister will file monthly reports to the Elders on ministry accomplishments and activities. Compensation will be negotiated based on candidate’s education and experience. The Preaching Minister is accountable to the Elders.